ODU’s Department of Women’s Studies sez:
Have you written an exceptional paper during 2011 on a topic pertaining to women for an ODU course during the SPring, Summer, or Fall semester? The Women’s Studies Dept. is looking for the best student papers of 2011 on topics pertaining to women and/or gender, and we’re getting an early start on our collection process. You have until February 29, 2012 to turn in papers from any 2011 semester, but why wait?
Important Contest Guidelines:
- Submissions are to be sent electronically to Dr. Buchanan at ljbuchan AT odu.edu by February 29, 2012.
- Full or part-time undergraduates and graduate students may enter. Likewise, please indicate in the subject line whether it is an Undergraduate or Graduate submission.
- Topics must be about women’s and/or gender issues or be linked to a female writer.
- The paper must have been submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements of an ODU course scheduled during the 2011 Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters. The paper can be a requirement of any ODU course (not just Women’s Studies).
- You may only submit one paper. The page limit for undergrad students is 10 pages and 20 pages for grad students.
Please visit the Women’s Studies Department to have a look at previous award winning papers or consult a professor to ensure a strong submission. For more information contact the Women’s Studies Department at 683-3823 or email Stacey Parks at sparks AT odu.edu
If you’ve written something good for another class that fits the bill you should send it in! What have you go to lose? Things like this look really good on grad school applications. Give it a shot!