The answer is no. No offense to the men because women cheat as well but this is the age old question that women would love to have answered, or even explained. Cheating has been happening over the years by men, women, animals, and celebrities. But why does society seem to make it a male-dominant practice. And by practice, by no means should it sound like a sport or Olympic contest on who can cheat the most but from my point of view men do this for various reasons. But these reasons seemed to speak for themselves:
- Human nature. They can’t help themselves.
- Temptation. There are big breast slim-waist chicks walking amongst us all day. How can a guy not have the urge to neglect what they have waiting at home.
This is model Brooklyn Decker. She’s hot. How many guys can say their wife or girlfriend looks like this. One scientists explained that a brief conversation with an attractive woman can raise a male’s testosterone.
- Cultural influence. They do as they see on tv and in society. Men want to be “playas” and have as many women they’d like and “smoosh” as many women as they can. Thanks to rappers and reality tv.
- Immaturity. He’s not ready to be a man so he still displays childish behavior.
- Dominance. They want it now so they go out and hunt and get what they want.
- Retaliation. He wants to even the score from when she cheated and now things are somehow “right”. But like they say two wrongs don’t make a right.
- The thrill! That slight feeling of getting caught and sneaking around add adrenaline to the situation.
- Ego boost. He thinks he’s The Man after he’s done his cheating. He brags to his friends that he can have his cake and eat it to. When the partner finds out this will leave her hurt and not able to trust a guy again.
- The opportunity presented itself. Women will be women and try to seduce the man and most of the time it work. So we can’t blame men for doing the dirt when women can be as sneaky.
- Nagging girlfriend/wife. Enough said.
- No physical attraction. Guys like the thought of their girl being hot or sexy. He wants someone he can fantasize about and someone he can flaunt but when she’s not keeping her appearance up he’ll look for someone young and hot.
- He doesn’t love her anymore. Sad to say but sometime people fall out of love and cheating is a result of not breaking the relationship off so he doesn’t hurt her feelings.
If even one of these statements were to arise in a relationship, it motions the male to think about it, then take action. As a female, looking at some of these I ask myself how would this relate if the tables were turned and a lot of times they are. For example, I doubt if women cheat to brag or boost their egos. In fact, if a woman were to cheat we’d be called names or looked down upon were as men are somewhat congratulated among their friends. With that being said, we refuse to degrade ourselves our compromise our relationships. Cheating used to be done privately but now it’s as if infidelity has no meaning or a carefree meaning.
My inspiration for this subject is none other than the late night tv show Cheaters. The show centers around a male host who has a camera crew and private investigators to catch the victim’s partner cheating. My concern was that the majority of these episodes have a female victim and her boyfriend/ husband is doing the cheating. So I watch the show and they all have the same storyline: female hires Cheaters to spy on her suspected cheating partner, crew confirms that the partner is cheating, host tells battered women of the news, she cries her eyes out until the confirmation, female continues to cry during and after confirmation. As she asks question, he has no good answer of why he has done this.
Here is a beautiful wife who is clearly hurt from her husband’s cheating. She wants answers.
The thing is, why do men cheat when they know feeling are involved. Women feel that they give their everything and commitment to a guy and he mentally ruins her. Men (and women) will continue to cheat as long as there are others on this Earth. Cheating cannot be stopped because the male brain will not let him. Not saying all men cheat but for the most part their minds wonder but when is wondering too late? Although cheating is no laughing matter comedian Dane Cook manages to turn a bad cheating incident into a comical lesson learned.